Friday, September 25, 2009

Healing Ceremony (Adoption Issues)











http://www.smh.com.au/national/rees-apologises-at-healing-ceremony-20090919-fvv7.html


This was a special day for the many people who attended this event - my Brother and I included.

We were both 'State Wards', placed in the same orphanage but sadly seperated and placed into different foster homes. Unfortunately, the placement for my brother was not successful and he was moved to a boys home at the age of seven. He spent a miserable childhood at the hands of uncaring and often times criminal adults.

As I attended this ceremony with my Brother, and the function at Governnment House afterward it obvious that many people had been deeply affected and that this event was clealy a stepping stone to heal wounds long ago inflicted and hopefully resolved in the near future by some. Sadly, there were stories and reminicinces on that day that bear wounds, and scares so deep that not even time nor kind words will heal.

I was amazed at my own depth of feelings and realised that there were many life long issues that efffected me that I had never been aware of until I participipated in this emotive day .

No comments:

Blog Archive